Sunday 13 January 2013

On the misuse of high priority emails

I recently sent the following email to a few people from my university (every department administrator). Unfortunately, I'm yet to receive any feedback, or indeed my email returned to me via my own department. This has led me to conclude that people have neither the wit nor the sense of humour that I had hoped.

Hello,
Please could you circulate this email around your department.
Many thanks.
Best regards,
Quentin Harvey
It seems that you're feeling a little distressed,
And that you are thinking that it would be best
If all of your emails were seen right away,
As there could be trouble if there's a delay
Before they are read by to whom they're addressed.

No matter the subject these emails regard,
They're kind of important so they have been starred.
Their title is URGENT and must be exclaimed.
Your grammar's appalling but you're not ashamed.
You're sending four hundred to message me hard.

So I am subjected to all of this spew.
I guess that I'm just carbon copy to you.
In normal conditions I don't think I'd mind,
But there are so many you're making me blind.
Sincerely I feel that some changes are due.

No comments:

Post a Comment